Leonard Ravenhill said, "We are in a tough spiritual battle these days. Yet the church that prays will be a prevailing church. Praying in secret means prevailing in public." I covet your prayers for our protection from the world, the flesh, the devil, and his scheme. I covet your prayers for us for God's provision, for God's encouragement, and blessing upon my walk, my marriage, my family, and my ministry. Please pray that God would use me, and us, in spite of me! I plead with you to pray!
Consider the following quotes by C.H. Spurgeon to encourage you pray.
- The very act of prayer is a blessing.
- To pray is to enter the treasure-house of God and to gather riches out of an inexhaustible storehouse.
- To pray is to grasp heaven in one’s arms,
to embrace the Deity within one’s soul,
and to feel one’s body made a temple of the Holy Spirit.
- You are before the Lord; let your words be few, but let your heart be fervent.
- As well could you expect a plant to grow without air and water as to expect your heart to grow without prayer and faith.
- You will observe that the desire to commune with God
is intensified by the failure of all other sources of consolation.
- In all states of dilemma or of difficulty, prayer is an available source. The ship of prayer may sail through all temptations, doubts and fears, straight up to the throne of God; and though she may be outward bound with only griefs, and groans, and sighs, she shall return freighted with a wealth of blessings!
- The condition of the church may be very accurately gauged by its prayer meetings. So is the prayer meeting a grace-ometer, and from it we may judge of the amount of divine working among a people. If God be near a church, it must pray. And if He be not there, one of die first tokens of His absence will be a slothfulness in prayer!
- Prayer is the best response to hatred.
- It is well said that neglected prayer is the birth-place of all evil.
Let us storm the throne room of heaven with our prayers for God to awaken, to revive, and to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we could ever ask or even imagine!!
Thank you for your prayers.
Please pray and share!